We would like to remind the public that the 7th annual Trick-or-Treat
night will be held on Wednesday October 29th at the Brown County Sheriffs
Office located at 709 Utah Street in Hiawatha.
The staff will be on the lookout for ghosts and goblins starting at 5 p.m. and will go until we run
out of treats. The staff will be in kid friendly costumes from the movie FROZEN, and are looking
forward to see how many children will attend.
We will have trick or treat bags to hand out that contain safety information, mood cups, pencils, stickers, candy and orange glow sticks for safety. We also have a Halloween safety information booklet from McGruff, available free of charge at the Sheriffs Office that provides safety tips, games, etc. We encourage parents and caregivers to pick up a booklet before Halloween.
We would like to encourage all kids to have a safe and happy Halloween
and follow some of these basic safety rules:
1. STAY IN WELL-LIT AREAS
2. ALWAYS TRICK-OR-TREAT WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY
3. DO NOT ENTER A STRANGE HOME OR VEHICLE
4. WEAR A LIGHT COLORED COSTUME OR ADD REFLECTIVE TAPE TO DARKER COSTUMES
–MAKE SURE YOU CAN SEE WELL OUT OF YOUR MASK/COSTUME
5. TAKE A FLASHLIGHT WITH YOU
6. MAKE SURE AN ADULT CHECKS YOUR TREATS BEFORE EATING THEM
7. ONLY TRICK-OR-TREAT AT HOMES WITH A PORCH LIGHT ON
8. LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET
9. YOUNGER CHILDREN SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT