I would like to inform the public we will be having Trick or Treat night at the Sheriff’s office this year on October 29th from 5-8 p.m.
We will have Trick-Or-Treat bags to hand out that contain safety information, pencils, stickers,
candy, and glow sticks for safety.
This is an event that the staff look forward to each year, and also provides us the opportunity to interact with
parents and children.
We would also like to encourage all kids to have a safe and happy Halloween
and follow some of these basic safety rules:
1. STAY IN WELL LIGHTED AREAS
2. ALWAYS TRICK-OR-TREAT WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY
3. DO NOT ENTER A STRANGE HOME OR VEHICLE
4. WEAR LIGHT COLORED COSTUME OR ADD REFLECTIVE TAPE TO DARKER COSTUMES
–MAKE SURE YOU CAN SEE WELL OUT OF YOUR MASK/COSTUME
5. TAKE A FLASHLIGHT WITH YOU
6. MAKE SURE AN ADULT CHECKS YOUR TREATS BEFORE EATING THEM
7. ONLY TRICK-OR-TREAT AT HOMES WITH A PORCH LIGHT ON
8. LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET
9. YOUNGER CHILDREN SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT
Sheriff John D Merchant