We would like to remind the public that the 10th annual Trick-or-Treat
night will be held on Monday October 30th at the Brown County Sheriffs
office located at 709 Utah Street in Hiawatha.
We will be on the lookout for ghosts and goblins starting at 5 p.m. and will go until we run
out of treats.
The staff will be in kid friendly costumes , and are looking
forward to see how many children will attend. We have trick or treat bags
to hand out that contain safety information, mood cups, pencils, stickers,
candy and orange glow sticks for safety.
We would also like to encourage all kids to have a safe and happy Halloween
and follow some of these basic safety rules:
1. STAY IN WELL – LIGHTED AREAS
2. ALWAYS TRICK-OR-TREAT WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY
3. DO NOT ENTER A STRANGE HOME OR VEHICLE
4. WEAR LIGHT COLORED COSTUME OR ADD REFLECTIVE TAPE TO DARKER COSTUMES
–MAKE SURE YOU CAN SEE WELL OUT OF YOUR MASK/COSTUME
5. TAKE A FLASHLIGHT WITH YOU
6. MAKE SURE AN ADULT CHECKS YOUR TREATS BEFORE EATING THEM
7. ONLY TRICK-OR-TREAT AT HOMES WITH A PORCH LIGHT ON
8. LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET
9. YOUNGER CHILDREN SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT